Excel Intermediate - In-Person - 12th Oct 2023 - Limerick Chamber of Commerce
Course Aims & Objectives:
At the end of this course participants will have a better understanding of how formulas are constructed and will have a thorough knowledge of how to structure a spreadsheet and database within Excel.
Who Should Attend?
This course is specifically for those who already have some experience of Excel and know how to input data and format a spreadsheet. It will specifically be of interest to those who are working on spreadsheets created by others but want to know how to understand and manage their own formulas and workbooks. You should already know how to create charts/graphs. You do not need to know anything about formulas.
The course content may include the items listed below:
Charts/Graphs, Sheet Construction/Layout and Formatting are covered at Level 1 - Introduction. Items not listed here (including PivotTables, “Nesting” Functions, VBA, PowerPivot, Power Bi and Macros) are not covered on this course and are covered at a higher level.
• Building Formulas and Functions.
• Understanding the difference between “relative” and “absolute” cell references.
• Understanding and using dates in calculations.
• Creating Custom formats for dates and numbers.
• Introduction to the IF function.
• Using VLOOKUP (and XLOOKUP) function.
• Using the SUMIF(s) and COUNTIF(s) functions.
• Conditional Formatting.
• Working with Text and using common TEXT functions.
• “Cleaning” imported data.
• Understand how to construct an effective database within Excel.
• Learn how to future proof your databases with the use of Tables.
• Understand and use a selection of the following key functions:
Notes and exercise files are available online at www.dti.ie The notes will cover Excel Levels 1 & 2. Ongoing email support is offered.
Date and Time
Thursday Oct 12, 2023
10am to 5pm
Thursday October 12th 2023
Limerick Chamber of Commerce - Boardroom
96 O'Connell Street
Per person fee with Limerick Chamber Skillnet Discount; € 100
Please note Skillnet discount is available to employees of all nationalities, as long as they are employees of companies registered in the Republic of Ireland. The Company/Employer must pay for the training, and not the individual employee. Skillnet discounts are not available to train employees of Charities, Government-funded or part-government funded organisations.