FOC INFORMATIVE WEBINAR - WHAT IS PROJECT MANAGEMENT? Part 1
Project management is an overhead, but is it a necessary one? According to the Project Management Institute, for every US$1bn spent on projects worldwide, some US$122m is wasted. However, organizations that employ effective project management are seeing 71% of their projects achieving their original goals, versus 52% in places where project management is not a priority. So project management definitely contributes to higher project success rates.
This one-hour introduction to project management will:
Start with the basics and define what a project is and what project management is.
Present some very public project failures and tease out the reasons for these.
Explain how project management helps organizations to avoid disasters
This webinar will answer the following questions:
What exactly is a project?
What project management weakness led to particular failures?
What is the Triple Constraint?
What knowledge areas make up project management?
What are the different project lifecycle phases?
Presenter: Seamus Collins
Seamus has 25 years’ industry experience and has worked nationally and internationally. His role now is in the design and delivery of Project Management training at Velopi and UCC.
He holds the following qualifications
• Electrical & Electronic Engineering Honours Degree - UCC
• Diploma in Applied Project Management - IPMA/UCC
• PMP® – Project Management Professional
• PgMP® – Program Management Professional
• PMI-SP® – Project Scheduling Professional
• Certificate in Training & Continuing Education - NUI
• Master of Business Administration - University of Manchester.